Thursday, June 18, 2009

Love & Guts

6 weeks ago I was stuck in a job I hated and wouldn't quit because I was too scared to upset my boss and too scared to not have an income (with the state of the economy blah blah blah).

By the grace of G*d, I got fired. Thank YOU!

I went into a little panic but then quickly got into action to look for a new job but the thought of sitting at a desk again from 9-5, working for "the man" made me nauseous. I decided to get some help from my friends and luckily for me my 7 best girlfriends are all life coaches (www.handelgroup.com) sorry, gotta plug my girls...

Anyway, they totally inspired me to go after my dream, in fact we made a game out of it, a sort of competition to see who could have the best magic in their life in 6 weeks time. My dream has been for a long time to open my own yoga studio, a place where people can heal themselves, strengthen and quiet their minds. I made the leap and started to go for it 100%.
Mind you...everything in my life said DON'T DO THIS! GET A REAL JOB!
...you are broke, a single mom, newly engaged, no savings, no credit cards, no sign of money anywhere, you have bad credit, you will never get a loan, you have never run a yoga studio, your not certified to teach, your scared and what if you cant feed your kid!....THESE WERE JUST A FEW OF MY REASONS WHY NOT.

Regardless, I decided to believe otherwise. I decided to believe that anything is possible and I can have anything I am willing to believe in, to KNOW it shall be, no matter what.

And so I did and so it is!

I just started, I made a list of "to do's" and did them all, I
wrote a biz plan, I got investors...and as my coach would say, I just followed the yellow brick road...meaning I just did what there was to do and trusted the universe to guide me such that even when things didn't go as I planned I looked at those glitches as the universe re-directing me to a better path.

Needless to say, it has been almost exactly six weeks and my dream is a done deal. Got the money I need, got my lease, got a plan and have so many people around me wanting to help. It has become a force of its own.

The moral of this story is "DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE in your head or in the world...nothing is a hard as your mind or people make it out to be...Live your dream, I dare you!"

Blackbird's Grand Opening will be on 9.9.09!

Love & Guts,
Linda

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I am at a crossroads in my life right now... and this is the perfect time to hear a wonderful story like this. I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on making your dream come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty
    Thank you for your bravery
    Thank you for your courage
    Thank you for your beauty
    Thank you for your example
    Thank you for your stand
    Thank you for your vision
    Thank you for your creativity
    Thank you for your friendship
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you

    ...and one more thing....i give this back to you....what you wrote reminded me of this:

    it's from the book, The Soul of Money, that I've been reading:

    "more than two thousand years ago, the mathematician Archimedes said, "Give me a place to stand, and I will move the Earth." "

    That's what you just did. You moved the earth.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!